“A high quality life of abundance has much more to do with what you remove from your life than what you add to it.”
I am a huge fan of Cheryl Richardson, author and Life Coach. I was listening to Cheryl’s CD, “Create an Abundant Life” the other day, when she made the statement quoted above. I have to say I replayed that part several times to make sure I had heard her correctly. What an interesting concept. I never really thought about abundance that way before. She was suggesting that I could significantly impact the quality of my life and increase my abundance by removing things.
Considering what I might remove turned out to be a very interesting thought process for me. I thought I wouldshare with you the questions I asked of myself to help me identify what I could potentially let go.
- What drains your energy? Are there activities that you hate to do that you could delegate or hire someone else to do, or even stop doing at all?
- Who drains your energy? Are there people in your life that bring you down, are always complaining, or continually disappoint you?
- What do you do out of a feeling of obligation rather than joy? Is it a true obligation or a self imposed one?
- Where is there clutter in your life?
- What are your priorities and where are you being distracted from them?
It turns out that by clearing a couple of energy drainers, I was able to feel more excitement immediately each day. It truly felt like I had lifted a weight from me. And by letting go of some activities that were distracting me from paying more attention to my priorities, my focus improved and more good things started to come into my life. It’s only been a short time but I am already seeing a difference. Why don’t you try it?
So my question to you is: What could you remove from your life today that would improve your quality of life and increase your feelings of abundance?
Your comments are appreciated and please share this post if you found it helpful to you.